i’m so sick of well-spoken proper aliens who don’t use contractions and speak in careful measures and are infinitely polite and know the answers to everything, come on y’all where are the foul-mouthed aliens that use hella slang and wear the equivalent of backwards baseball caps and don’t know shit about their own planet let alone earth
Oi gimme da teef
Lauri Törni (28 May 1919 – 18 October 1965) Also known as Larry Thorne, a Finnish career soldier pictured here as a Corporal in the Finnish Army prior to the Winter War, an Untersturmführer in the SS, Finnish Army Captain during the Continuation War, and US Army Major. Törni is most well known in Finland for leading the 56th Infantry Regiment (“Törni Detachment”) that penetrated deep behind Soviet lines and enjoyed a reputation on both sides of the front for its combat effectiveness. Törni’s unit inflicted such heavy casualties on the Red Army that the Soviets placed a bounty of 3 million Finnish Marks on his head. In January of 1945, he was recruited by a pro-German resistance movement in Finland and left for saboteur training in Germany to organize resistance in case Finland was occupied by the Soviet Union. He surrendered to American and British troops in the last stages of World War II and eventually returned to Finland after escaping a British POW camp in Lübeck, Germany. He would later move to America and join the US Army in 1954. Törni was killed in a helicopter crash while serving in the US Special Forces in Vietnam. He was basically a total fucking badass and the personification of sisu.
In conversations about Gaza, I have heard many thoughtful people in the Jewish community lament the loss of Palestinian lives in Gaza but then say, “But Hamas…,” as if that were the heart of the problem. I’d like to suggest that, when we have these conversations about Hamas and Israel’s current bombing campaign, we begin with the necessary context and historical perspective.
Re: The Nakba
1. To create the Jewish state, the Zionist movement destroyed more than 400 Palestinians villages and expelled 700,000 Palestinians from their homes and land. Palestinians who remained in what became Israel were relegated to second-class citizenship, had much of their property confiscated, and, to this day, have fewer rights than Jewish Israeli citizens.
Re: The 1967 Occupation
2. In 1967, Israel occupied the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem and still occupies them until this day.
Re: Settlement expansion; the apartheid wall; and the siege of Gaza
3. Over the past 47 years of occupation, Israel has illegally confiscated more and more Palestinian land; built an apartheid wall; systematically denied Palestinians basic human and civil rights and engaged in state-sponsored violence; and forced the Palestinians in Gaza to live in appalling conditions that make it increasingly impossible to survive. Israel’s latest bombing campaign, Operation Protective Edge, has killed over 1,900 Palestinians, at least 450 of whom are children, and has displaced hundreds of thousands more.
If those of us in the Jewish community who are committed to justice begin from these facts, I think it would become clearer – regardless of who the Palestinian leadership is – that the underlying problem really is the denial of freedom and basic human rights to millions of people, for decades. And, as a community, it should also become clearer where priorities need to be in order to have any integrity on this issue: addressing the Nakba of 1948 and the responsibility for the Nakba head-on – including the right of return for refugees; ending the occupation; ending the siege on Gaza; and recognizing the right to full equality for Palestinian citizens of Israel.
A photo set of funny Russian things that my friend sent to me.
The latest from TheAnonMessage (@TheAnonMessage). Official twitter account of TheAnonMessage | #OpFerguson | Still vigilant | A Megaphone of #Anonymous. | Subscribe to the channel link below. Backup @TheAnonMessage2
Anonymous is live tweeting Ferguson. It’s bad. It’s Selma bad.
— Alex Story, introducing every Cancerslug song ever (via veggie-buddhist-eco-prince)
This next one is a real fast, crazy song
Yesterday, on the 6th of August, 2014, with the proclamation of Commandant of the Marine Corps General James Amos, MARSOC was officially re-flagged Marine Raiders.
On August 6th, 2014, Marine Commandant James Amos announced at a MARSOC change of command ceremony that all units within the parent command would undergo a name change. For example, the 1st Marine Special Operations Battalion would now be known as the 1st Marine Raider Battalion.
If you’ve never seen “Platoon” then you’re wrong.
One of our original Tantos and our Defender I carried by #WillemDafoe & #TomBerenger.
The Bizarre and Terrifying Propaganda Art of the Children of God
The Children of God movement was founded in 1968 in Huntington Beach, California, by former pastor David Brandt Berg, known to his followers as Moses David, Mo, King David, Dad, and Grandpa. Essentially a communist cult founded around banding together to proselytize the word of Jesus in the streets, the group maintained an “old world” idea of Christianity, which, at least in Berg’s view, centered largely around sex. By the time the organization changed its name to The Family of Love in 1978, Berg had introduced a process called “flirty fishing,” which involved the women of the group recruiting new members by fucking them.
The use of sex within the Family did not end at the recruiting stage. When the group changed its name again, for a second time, in 1987, to simply “The Family,” numerous allegations of abduction, pedophilia, and various sexual abuses were leveled at the group, which by this time had locations in countries all over the world. In 1993, more than 70 percent of the group’s 10,000 members were under the age of 18, operating under a strict and insane set of guidelines laid out by Berg and his wife, Karen Zerby, the latter of whom still heads the organization to this day, under their current moniker, the Family International.
I have paraphrased 20 of the Family’s foundational ideas below.
1. God loves sex, because sex is love.
2. Satan hates sex, because sex is beautiful.
3. Incest is OK, because there’s no better place for a young man to learn about doing it than from his own mother.
4. Eleven-year-olds are capable of becoming pregnant, so why shouldn’t they be having sex?
5. Fucking your grandpa is awesome.
6. Everybody is married to everybody else.
7. Children should have at least an eighth grade education, provided by their parents, and if the children want more education, it is “up to the parents to see if the Home can comply.”
8. Pictures of naked congregation members, referred to as “nudie-cuties,” make good bookmarks for the Bible.
9. It is OK to lie to non-believers in order to protect God’s work.
10. Men should not be gay, but it is hot when women are gay.